Search the forum,

Discuss Missing member. .. in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Guys , I hope you are all well and staying safe , I very rarely come on here these days , its hard work , the adverts and posts fly around all over the place , gaps appear , stuff then appears then disappears etc etc
It has taken away the enjoyment of giving time for free and being part of a forum , is it just me ?because this seams to have been happening for months now .

Guys , I hope you are all well and staying safe , I very rarely come on here these days , its hard work , the adverts and posts fly around all over the place , gaps appear , stuff then appears then disappears etc etc
It has taken away the enjoyment of giving time for free and being part of a forum , is it just me ?because this seams to have been happening for months now .
Yeah i'm getting annoyed too. It's pretty much the same experience at my end, Ads everywhere, gaps, disclaimers etc.. Shame as it was a good forum.

Hello TFJ, I hope you’re we’ll? I think Dan has already stated about the ads for now? I seem to remember when it was just ukpf, it seemed a lot better. There seem so to be a few members who are no longer part of the forum, maybe they got fed up too?

All the hopping around is maddening.
The new one I hate is you click a thread, screen goes blank and then when you touch it an add pops up - surely no one has every bought anything from this type of intrusion , it just makes you determined to buy almost anything else.

Hey big J, we're missing you.

All I get is the static page ads on the right but I'm running Adbloc on my browser (Chrome). Admin won't be happy but it makes it all rather tolerable.

Hiya TFJ, was starting to think the dreaded virus had got you up there so good to hear from you and yep it is hard work at the moment.
Dan has said we can run ad-blockers. My biggest gripe is pages refreshing every 60 seconds so darent answer the phone or make a cuppa when scrolling down new posts.

No idea how to put an add blocker in but will try find out .
Cheers to all

Click on the button follow the instructions and it should self-install, you should see a little red icon top right in your browser. Click on that or right click your mouse to pause or turn it off say when your browsing on a site that doesn't like ad blockers.

Just realised I use Adblock or Adblock plus not the one in the link posted.

Last edited:
On ios pal , I have turned on the pop up add switch ( didnt realise there was one lol) , not sure if I can do anything else , will see how it goes .

The Fastest, Most-Powerful Ad Blocker for Safari - https://ublock.org/safari/

That's the add blocker I recomend and it works with Safari/iOS. It's really effective, they dont have any under the table dealings work advertisers and it runs quietly in the background using very few resources. It installs as a browser extension/add on rather.

Hi Town I have to agree with you I am afraid, you can pay to not see so many adverts and pop ups, click on the link at the top of the page, personally I don't think I would do it as I give my time and input for free so that's enough , it would be a nice gesture if the long term forum members got the ads removed but it Dan's site and it's his choice at the end of the day , glad you're ok mate All the best. Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201008-192759.png
    Screenshot_20201008-192759.png
    187.1 KB · Views: 5
Hi Town I have to agree with you I am afraid, you can pay to not see so many adverts and pop ups, click on the link at the top of the page, personally I don't think I would do it as I give my time and input for free so that's enough , it would be a nice gesture if the long term forum members got the ads removed but it Dan's site and it's his choice at the end of the day , glad you're ok mate All the best. Kop
Hell yeah I`m not paying out of my pocket either, I`d rather walk away.

At one point ISTR Dan saying that gaining 'esteemed' status would reduce / eliminate advertising. I only have 'inconsequential' status 😭 so I'm not sure but this doesn't seems to be the case from the comments above.

The numerous Ads do make the experience of the forum hard work and I also find the 60 second refresh frustrating.
I haven’t been on here much due to life becoming difficult for me and nothing to do with the above though.
Good to see everyone again.

I don’t if you’ve seen, you can change the refresh time. Hope you’re ok Best? Always given sound advice iirc. It can be good to talk, even if it’s on here.

The numerous Ads do make the experience of the forum hard work and I also find the 60 second refresh frustrating.
I haven’t been on here much due to life becoming difficult for me and nothing to do with the above though.
Good to see everyone again.
Thanks to Oz I found the little arrow by the countdown counter and changed mine to 300. God knows why it countdowns!
Well hello Best and as before glad your not struck down with the virus. Good to hear from you mate.

Thanks Aquarius & rpm for the info & your best wishes. Much appreciated! I will change the refresh to the 300 minutes.

Virus hasn’t got me yet thankfully, but been having life tough.

Thanks Aquarius & rpm for the info & your best wishes. Much appreciated! I will change the refresh to the 300 minutes.

Virus hasn’t got me yet thankfully, but been having life tough.

De nada. Up to you if you want to divulge on why your life is tough mate, I’m sure someone can relate from experience? Don’t just bottle stuff up, I have before and it can eat you up inside and think random thoughts. If you don’t want to elaborate on here then that’s fair enough, confide in a mate or relative? Hope it’s nothing sinister.

edited : I like to use music and comedy to help me through some tough times. Again hope you’re ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

I normally just look at the 'What's New' section and just below the first wave of adverts at the top there is a circular button with a square on it. (bottom of attached pic.) Clicking this stops the page refresh completely. Setting seems to persist as long as I stay logged in.

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 21.46.01.png

Reply to Missing member. .. in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock