Search the forum,

Discuss Mira Platinum water inlet in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

About to install a new Mira Platinum on a gravity fed system. The Installation Manual shows the pipework from top of hot water tank coming off at 45 degrees. Can I just T off the existing horizontal hot water pipe at top of hot water tank or even from the vertical pipe going down the back of the tank?

If you read the manual, it states further down poor installation examples as air could be drawn in. I would probably go with the hot draw off after the horizontal pipe and on the vertical but below the vent pipe.

If you read the manual, it states further down poor installation examples as air could be drawn in. I would probably go with the hot draw off after the horizontal pipe and on the vertical but below the vent pipe.
Thanks ChrisB1982. That's what I was thinking as it will be a lot easier and I don't see how its any more likely to draw air in than the recommended method in the manual. Cheers

Reply to Mira Platinum water inlet in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock