Search the forum,

Discuss Mira Platinum install issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woodstockGaz

Hi, I recently bought a Mira Platinum shower system and have just installed it. Installation went fine and is fully operational. Next, I unpacked the controller and followed the manual re. fitting batteries and pairing etc. As the last battery was inserted the display fired up with "r03" for a few seconds followed by "1000" and the out of range icon for about a second or so, then the display either goes blank OR I can just about make out the "1000" go to "1001" and then "1002" (i.e. very dim and incrementing about every minute) and then it goes blank. (NOTE: It's not showing "10:00" like a time it is showing "1000").

Pressing any combination of buttons before and during does not change this sequence. I have tried holding "Power and '+'" key within 1 metre of mixer unit and in fact every variation as described in the installation manual (including the reset switch at the back!). I am yet to fit a second unit (this is the one with 2 outputs for shower/jets etc.) so I pulled the controller out of that. The only difference with this is that it first displayed "r04" (I suppose this might be the model number or something) - but then follows exactly the same pattern as the single unit.

I have swapped out loads of new batteries, power cycled the mixer unit many times and am now at my wits end! surely I can't have 2 duff controllers and really, it has nothing to do yet with the mixer as I can't even get a controller to boot to the time as it should.

If anyone has any idea what I could try next - I'm all ears ha!...

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
While it's not impossible you have two faulty controllers, it is unlikely. Of course it may be a fault in the base unit. However I would go back to basics and just be 100% sure you are following the registration instructions to the book. You might want to try the re-registration method.
Power down the valve unit.
Press hold + and Power on the controller until END is displayed.
Power up the valve unit.
Press + and Power again and the display should show SET

Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

Hi mache, Thanks for that. I have tried getting END up on the display - this of course, has nothing to do with the base unit, I can't even get that far!

I've even tried the controller in my car away from WIFI signals etc. and still it only goes through the same old procedure as explained.

It seems that both controllers are correctly displaying something (version!) then going through the same old startup regardless of any base unit.

By the way, when the base unit is power cycled I can hear a reassuring buzz for a few seconds and then silence - I assume this is a successful power up...

Again, thanks for your help...

Cheers.

Had Mira out today - duff controller. Works brilliantly now. Filling my bath will never quite be the same again ha ha! Thanks for all your help...

So this was the single channel. I've plumbed in the dual channel one for shower but no spouts etc so don't want to risk wiring in and testing yet - I'll let you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mira Platinum install issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About to install a new Mira Platinum on a gravity fed system. The Installation Manual shows the pipework from top of hot water tank coming off at 45 degrees. Can I just T off the existing horizontal hot water pipe at top of hot water tank or even from the vertical pipe going down the back of the...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can offer me advice? I have an old Glowworm Micron 30FF. Must be about 18 years old. The whole system needs replacing if I am honest - the tank it fills...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
so no display purchased a new one that didn't work either sent it back, so I did some more research and thought what about the pcb the orange one, was in process of getting one when the the other day had the heat on it went off, dead phoned insurance they out engineer pcb was dead one day later...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system installed in 2003 and manufactured by Underfloor Direct in NI - Now out of business. It's one of their triple tube systems and hasn't given me much...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock