Search the forum,

Discuss Mira Event XS and combination boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hi I need your help, my Mira Event Xs packed up on xmas eve. I have a combi boiler with this power shower with a pressure reducing valve as we didn’t want to change the shower when we had the boiler fitted. The shower was working perfectly prior to the motor being noisy and packing up. I’ve fitted exactly the same shower but now have a reduced flow of water and next to no output if I turn the shower to cold. It’s almost as if there isn’t enough water getting into the shower itself.

As you have a power shower fitted to mains supply the only advice you'll get here is rip it out. The installer of the boiler should also have done this and not took no for an answer

So it was working all ok but not since replacing the shower is that right?

As you have a power shower fitted to mains supply the only advice you'll get here is rip it out. The installer of the boiler should also have done this and not took no for an answer
Understand where you are coming from Craig however facts first eh?

Understand where you are coming from Craig however facts first eh?
The only way this would be acceptable would be if the shower was permanently diconected electrically and used as a mixer, but op says that pressure reducers are fitted and the pump was noisy I'm guessing it's still acting as a power shower.

The only way this would be acceptable would be if the shower was permanently diconected electrically and used as a mixer, but op says that pressure reducers are fitted and the pump was noisy I'm guessing it's still acting as a power shower.
But guessing gets nobody anywhere. I`ll step aside whilst you engage with the OP.

But guessing gets nobody anywhere. I`ll step aside whilst you engage with the OP.
No need to step aside, you've got the trusted badge, not me ;). Maybe I jumped to conclusions but it wouldn't be the first time I've came accross these showers fitted on the mains supply. It's against regs and technically the only proper advice would be to replace it with a shower suited to the system.

No need to step aside, you've got the trusted badge, not me ;). Maybe I jumped to conclusions but it wouldn't be the first time I've came accross these showers fitted on the mains supply. It's against regs and technically the only proper advice would be to replace it with a shower suited to the system.
The badge comes with time and giving regular good advice, doesn`t mean I know more than another.
Do you mean manufactures advice or actual regs?

The badge comes with time and giving regular good advice, doesn`t mean I know more than another.
Do you mean manufactures advice or actual regs?
Both, water regs prohibit the use of booster pumps fitted anywhere on the main supply and manufactures also state the shower will not be suitable nor rated to mains pressure. To be honest I thought that was common knowledge with plumbers.

Hi yes it’s still used as a power shower
Sorry Nick but this is wrong, as I said above, the correct advice would be to replace the shower with one suited to your system. You can try electrically removing the pump so it's no longer acting as a power shower but I can't guarantee the performance of the shower afterwards.

Both, water regs prohibit the use of booster pumps fitted anywhere on the main supply and manufactures also state the shower will not be suitable nor rated to mains pressure. To be honest I thought that was common knowledge with plumbers.
Hence I ask questions as assumptions can be misleading. ;)

Craig is right bud it's the wrong shower for that application needs replacing for one designed to work on a pressurised system . Kop

Reply to Mira Event XS and combination boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock