Search the forum,

Discuss Mira agile shower temperature adjustment screw not visible in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

In the house I have moved into, we have the Mira Agile single control shower. It's control increases water flow as well as temperature in a single control. According to the manual, I should be able to increase the temperature of the shower by removing the concealing cap, then removing the hub retaining screw, then using a 2.5mm hex key to engage the recessed temperature control screw and turning it anti clock wise.
I have got as far as removing the cap and the hub retaining screw. After that however I cannot for the life of me find the recessed temperature control screw. I have tried inserting the 2.5mm hex key in whatever is there but cannot engage with the screw if its there in the first place, just in case I can't actually see it.
Any guidance on how to adjust the temperature please? I have attached pictures of the control after I have removed the hub retaining screw...

Attachments

• 20200918_202414.jpg
    20200918_202414.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200912_120725.jpg
    20200912_120725.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 13
Looks like this shower is not popular anymore...
I have tried reaching Mira who have quoted me boiler plate script from the manual. Me saying that I cannot find that screw to engage to set the temperature, seems be something they want to ignore...

In the house I have moved into, we have the Mira Agile single control shower. It's control increases water flow as well as temperature in a single control. According to the manual, I should be able to increase the temperature of the shower by removing the concealing cap, then removing the hub retaining screw, then using a 2.5mm hex key to engage the recessed temperature control screw and turning it anti clock wise.
I have got as far as removing the cap and the hub retaining screw. After that however I cannot for the life of me find the recessed temperature control screw. I have tried inserting the 2.5mm hex key in whatever is there but cannot engage with the screw if its there in the first place, just in case I can't actually see it.
Any guidance on how to adjust the temperature please? I have attached pictures of the control after I have removed the hub retaining screw...

Hi mate , i just had a go at mine and the adjustment screw is definitely there. Its recessed quite deep, but inserting the allen key and just feeling around until it clicks into place. Mine was tight at first and i was a bit apprehensive as i felt i was forcing it. I took a deep breath and used some pliers to give an extra bit of leverage, and it turned.
I put the plastic lock tab back on and turned on the shower then adjusted it as best as i could.
Does seem better and hotter now at number 6.
I then removed the lock cover and cleaned all the removed components then just refitted back. Really simple. Im thinking on removing the actual valve next and either cleaning it or replacing it.
Can anyone answer whether they need cleaning and how long they should last please ? Thanks

Did you manage to find an answer to this?

We have the exact same issue - we cannot find the recessed temperature control screw at all. We have spent a long time try to find it with no luck.

Reply to Mira agile shower temperature adjustment screw not visible in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock