Search the forum,

Discuss Mira 900 x1700 shower tray in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

We have just had our second Mira shower tray 1700 x 900 fitted the last one cracked and my replaced.
my husband was having a shower today. He heard a very loud crack and felt it nothing visible. It’s similar to when you would have been walking on a ice like when you hear a crack, and it makes you jump.

We had this happen on our previous tray for about a year then one day a hairline crack appeared in the shower and Mira replaced it

Do you think this is going to have the same problem or is it just the shower tray expanding with the heat of the water ?

This base is built on a false base below it now 22 mm deep ply the last one was built on the legs that Mira supplied
Thank you

How is the tray supported on the base?

In my opinion the best options are either flexible tile adhesive or weak mortar mix (6:1) in either case apply reasonably “wet” and bed tray fully in so there are no voids.

The base should be absolutely rock solid with no movement and the ply should be at least WBP- this needs priming before the mortar/adhesive (either acrylic primer or SBR - not pva)

22mm ply is unusual, normally 18mm then 25mm, but not impossible.

How is the tray supported on the base?

In my opinion the best options are either flexible tile adhesive or weak mortar mix (6:1) in either case apply reasonably “wet” and bed tray fully in so there are no voids.

The base should be absolutely rock solid with no movement and the ply should be at least WBP- this needs priming before the mortar/adhesive (either acrylic primer or SBR - not pva)

22mm ply is unusual, normally 18mm then 25mm, but not impossible.
Fully agree preparation of the floor is vital to a successful outcome flexible tile adhesive to bed the tray now working on this one , prep completed tiling starts tomorrow and cracking or movement is a bad sign I'd say 👍. Kop

Attachments

• IMG_20221215_160130914_MFNR.jpg
    IMG_20221215_160130914_MFNR.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20221130_124139786_MFNR.jpg
    IMG_20221130_124139786_MFNR.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20221130_140019458_MFNR.jpg
    IMG_20221130_140019458_MFNR.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20221130_143200034_MFNR.jpg
    IMG_20221130_143200034_MFNR.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 9

Reply to Mira 900 x1700 shower tray in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock