Search the forum,

Discuss Minimum flow and pressure expected in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Evening chaps, I realise that different parts of the country will differ in terms of pressure and flow in coming but is anybody else noticing a trend that guaranteed litres per minute is coming down and down as confirmed by providers?

I have two recent quotes both large family houses where unvented cylinders would be the obvious choice but further to enquiring with the local water board they have confirmed that they will only provide eight and 9 L per minute respectively and even said in one of their emails that a stored water system should be used, I’m really not sure where we stand with this? Even with an upgraded incoming mains we probably still aren’t going to get into acceptable figures for a pressurise cylinder. We are probably going to struggle to get anywhere acceptable with a Combi boiler

I was always taught that 12 L a minute was the minimum they should be offering but the figures above are getting into the realms of somebody only being able to have a gravity system which in this day and age is just bonkers

1.5 bar and 8lpm for my area and they even quibble if it’s 6lpm

What are you doing mate? Are we talking accumulators are we talking a mains pump. It just sounds to me like even by upgrading the incoming mains you have no guarantee of improvement. For a provider to be suggesting a cwsc fills me with dread as to the customers response. Might be best swerved

At that pressure you only have one choice break and pump only accumulator if pressure is good eg 3 bar

In my area it's 10 meters of head and 9 ltrs a minute this is the lowest permitted supply pressure and flow by law. Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220207-180107.png
    Screenshot_20220207-180107.png
    212.6 KB · Views: 9

Reply to Minimum flow and pressure expected in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock