From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Milwaukee 18v owners in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Shower Power Booster | PlumbersForums.net Official Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

gmartine

Gas Engineer
What's this kit like, I'm not up to speed with what's what in the 18v range but it seems like decent bang for buck. Is the gen 3 the "pro" HD range?

Last Plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
Can't comment on that particular model but I have two Milwaukee 18V drills and they are spot on. I have heavily used them for around five years now and would buy them again without giving it a second thought.

OP
gmartine

gmartine

Gas Engineer
It looks to be the same high end kit as this so not bad value, in particular I wanted a drill with over 80Nm to get through HD timber and metal with ease.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
You got Milwaukee batteries ?

OP
gmartine

gmartine

Gas Engineer
You got Milwaukee batteries ?
Not M18, I have lots of M12 kit that covers 90% of the work I do quite easily. I was put off by the shear bulk of M18 gear but I could use the very high torque drill and could probably find some other tools to like in the range.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I’ve got this it’s a beast

oz-plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
What ever you choose, you're stuck with it.

I bought a Milwaukee M18 & M12 kit about 10 or more years ago.
Still have and use some of the original kit, but have kept adding on or replacing due to having battery's and chargers for the Milwaukee stuff.
I would not have the 'aptitude' to deal with different batteries and chargers.

The last apprentice I had, I made him buy Milwaukee gear so everything is compatible...he left...with a couple of extra batteries and a charger.

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
That Milwaukee kit is same one that SF were offering on a weekend deal just a few weeks ago slightly cheaper for £319.99.
Sorry I didn’t go for it tbh.
For anyone that doesn’t know, the 502 code has the “5” for 5amp/hr batteries and the “2” means 2 batteries supplied.
Check always it it a Fuel kit as they are the pro tools (there are cheaper brushed and brushless non pro kits)

Reply to Milwaukee 18v owners in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbers Tools | Plumbing Tools and Advice

You're on PlumbersForums.net, the worlds largest plumbing community. Find Plumbing Tools and products at the best prices. Our plumbing suppliers are some of the biggest suppliers available, stocking the best brands and the best prices. Register to our community for free, and post a thread to ask a out the tool you're considering and we'll find the cheapest price with quick delivery for you. We also have the Tile community for Tiling Tools, and Engineering community for Electrical Tools.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares