Search the forum,

Discuss Mid position valve operation in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Steve weightman

Gas Engineer
On the mid position valve am I right in thinking when no demand from heating and hot water the valve returns to default hot water position as the new one I've fitted stays in central heating with no demands
Thanks

No because when hot water is satisfied, hot water off is energised either by stat or at programmer which would motor over to CH if that's called for. Even when CH call has ended the motor is held in CH port, which like I said burns motor out over time. If HW was last call then yes it holds there 👍

@Steve weightman. There is a video on YouTube by a chap called John Ward about the inside workings of the diverter valve (in fact I've watched a lot of his videos on electricity and appliances and learnt a lot). Have a watch and familiarise yourself with it, its basically just a motor and two switches mate

Reply to Mid position valve operation in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock