Search the forum,

Discuss microbore valve connection in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, just removed a radiator while decorating. One side was easy, the other just spun round and is now leaking. Have drained down system but not sure how to fix leak (not seen this connector before) ps was really tight - split the olive? The whole connector is spinning round.

Thanks in advance.
20230528_124456.jpg

So it measures 8mm od just above the paint ?

Was the valve a trv ?

Yes snap reducer

You need to remove all the water from the pipe before soldering

You will need an 8mm coupling, short bit of 8mm pipe and either a 3 part reducer 8-15mm or a soldered 8-15mm reducer and a 15mm olive

Thanks Shaun. Mrs said I should have left it and just papered behind but like to do things properly and when I took the rad brackets of only 2 screws were doing anything so going to sort that.

Appreciate your quick replies.

Hi all, just an update (sorry took so long).

Cut off the adaptor and there was no sign of an olive. Bought a new adaptor (olive included), cleaned pipe, tightened up and all ok.

Thanks again for everyones help.

Reply to microbore valve connection in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock