Search the forum,

Discuss MEXICO SUPER 3 CF 100 spares ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, has anyone got a broken MEXICO SUPER 3 CF 100, or spares ?
I'd like to buy the combustion chamber as mine has developed a hole,
Thank you !

Okayyyy

How do you know this?

You cant be sticking second hand parts in a boiler, surely?

Also; if you engineer has said it needs one, they're fitting it etc so perhaps go with their recommendations as to where get one from?

I'm not getting good vibes from this thread lol

Help us help you. Hopefully it's all above board. :)

Hi, has anyone got a broken MEXICO SUPER 3 CF 100, or spares ?
I'd like to buy the combustion chamber as mine has developed a hole,
Thank you !
Its very rare to find anybody that deals in random boiler spare parts basically as it is a legally restricted market...GSR etc...Ignite Heat Spares do re manufacture many parts
for older boilers but only MES parts. Ok Dan ....centralheatking

Thanks, If anyone did say they had a spare combution chamber I'd show it to my Registered Professional Gas Engineer - but cheers for the tip about Ignite, no luck there though.

clutcjing at straws arent most parts obsolete for this boiler its also conventional flue so not particulary fuel efficient. even if you can get one the cost to change wont be cheap these say they have one but as i said not cheap DHS Spares, buy now at dhsspares.co.uk £700.00

I am all for repair rather than replacement up to a point but a CF, you must be lucky if no more of than a 1/3 of the kW of gas you are buying isn't going straight out of the flue.
Retire the old girl she has serviced you well, it is time to install a brand-new shiny condensing one.
(You can even use the old chimney if you must !!)

if you want to use the flue there are some condensing boilers that do viessmann are one. i assume if its 12 metres to chimney top its in the basement so unless the basement is totally below ground then you should be able to use an outside wall

And there's no nearer external wall?

You have a boiler 12 meters deep into a building..?

Don't think I've ever seen that.

That said I'm not a plumber!
Dan its 12 m flue higher than the unit thats where the terminal is chking

Viessmann do a glue kit that allows you upto 12.5m of chimney so aslong as it’s less than that your fine

100 series is the mid range
200 series it the best of the best

cheers guys, yes the boiler is in the cellar without an external wall, and the current flue goes into the chimney from the ground floor. The boiler is next to the HW, CH and U/F heating inputs so can't really be moved.
Thanks for the tip about the 12.5m Viessmann flue kit, it must have a large fan.

But you can probably see why it's much easier to replace the combustion chamber.
OR (and please be gentle with responses!) the hole in it is 8mm - could a steel plate be welded onto it ?

If you already have 1 hole in the combustion chamber, how many more are on their way.

When things like that start to happen it really is time to replace the boiler - as difficult as it may seem.

cheers guys, yes the boiler is in the cellar without an external wall, and the current flue goes into the chimney from the ground floor. The boiler is next to the HW, CH and U/F heating inputs so can't really be moved.
Thanks for the tip about the 12.5m Viessmann flue kit, it must have a large fan.

But you can probably see why it's much easier to replace the combustion chamber.
OR (and please be gentle with responses!) the hole in it is 8mm - could a steel plate be welded onto it ?
but is it all below ground

Reply to MEXICO SUPER 3 CF 100 spares ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock