Search the forum,

Discuss method statement in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

hi there,
i have started my gas engineer course and so far really enjoying it, pipe bending and soldering are a little messy 😆but i got material to practice at home so hopfully neaten all that up. We have been asked to write a mission statement for tightness testing but the instructor hasnt really told us what to put in it, he showed us a quick one but it was over 6 pages long and we didnt get to look through it. Ive started writting one and so far on page 5 and he says ive not put enough in it😟 does anyone have a copy of a mission statement i could have a look at to see exactly what kind of things need to go in it and the layout? ive noticed there aint much online regarding this topic so dont really know where to look

thanks in advance i really apreciate any advice

Perhaps if you didn’t call it a mission statement? 😂😂😂 Usually called a method statement. 5 pages and not enough in it? Does he work for igem? Make sure you reference ige/up/1b for domestic. I don’t have a copy of one, but they’re in loads of gas books. Maybe you can draw from some of this? IGEM/UP/1B Edition 3 +A: 2012 - Tightness testing/direct purging of small Liquefied Petroleum Gas/Air, NG/ LPG installations - IGEM - https://www.igem.org.uk/technical-services/technical-gas-standards/utilisation/igem-up-1b-edition-3-a-2012-tightness-testing-direct-purging-of-small-liquefied-petroleum-gas-air-ng-lpg-installations/

Perhaps if you didn’t call it a mission statement? 😂😂😂 Usually called a method statement. 5 pages and not enough in it? Does he work for igem? Make sure you reference ige/up/1b for domestic. I don’t have a copy of one, but they’re in loads of gas books. Maybe you can draw from some of this? IGEM/UP/1B Edition 3 +A: 2012 - Tightness testing/direct purging of small Liquefied Petroleum Gas/Air, NG/ LPG installations - IGEM - https://www.igem.org.uk/technical-services/technical-gas-standards/utilisation/igem-up-1b-edition-3-a-2012-tightness-testing-direct-purging-of-small-liquefied-petroleum-gas-air-ng-lpg-installations/
Lmao yep bloody autocorrect on pc 🤦‍Going to have to change it to method statement now 😂didn’t even notice that

Reply to method statement in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Hey all Looking for a consensus on an issue that has arisen. Disclaimer is that my ideal icos 12 boiler Is over 10 years old but has been serviced. It has been presenting intermittent flame issues in sub zero temperatures however I found that insulating the pipe work around the gas regulator...
Replies
Views
Hello there, I have quite a story and a looking for some advice here. On Thursday during the cold snap our hot water stopped working (in the sense of not water at all coming out of the taps). The central heating was working fine. As I have two newborns and having encountered this for the very...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock