Search the forum,

Discuss Meter Query - BK G10E in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Sfc

Evening Guys, Trying to suss out whats needed for a job in a small warehouse unit (Customer wants a combi & 3 rads installed)

The current Gas meter is a BK G10E - Am i right in thinking this is a Commercial meter? if so would it specifically need a commercial boiler?

Thanks for any input.

Need a commercial ticket to install anything on that meter

Hi Shaun cheers for that, I’ll get in touch with someone I know who has the commercial tickets. Does this affect the type of boiler we’re able to put in? Cheers

nope but be aware that the warranty might not cover a commercial environment just double check

yep read the wrong info so should be ok with a Dom ticket depending on site

sorry
its ok i had to check 11 years on the industrial and commercial meter van at British gas in the 90's and all the numbers have changed no such thing as a U10 then

Depends on total installation size..

I thought domestic allowed up to:
U16 meter
35mm pipework
70Kw demand

I've not seen a installation volume quoted, also seem to remember something about if there is an AECV that's under 35mm you could work on systems down stream of that.

I thought domestic allowed up to:
U16 meter
35mm pipework
70Kw demand

I've not seen a installation volume quoted, also seem to remember something about if there is an AECV that's under 35mm you could work on systems down stream of that.
Agree it's also down to semantics any meter I fitted larger than u6 when I was at BG on the meter van had a valve on the outlet so in effect you can section off test meter then test pipework keeping volume under.

Agree it's also down to semantics any meter I fitted larger than u6 when I was at BG on the meter van had a valve on the outlet so in effect you can section off test meter then test pipework keeping volume under.

Interesting to know, can’t say I come across many meters above U6 in domestic.

Interesting to know, can’t say I come across many meters above U6 in domestic.
being commercial and working south manchester i work in a lot of house that are very large and have u16 and u25 meter due to large systems and large cylinders and also pool rooms

Reply to Meter Query - BK G10E in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock