Search the forum,

Discuss meter for hot water usage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

P

Puddle

Does anyone make a meter or mechanical timer devise that you can put on the hot water supply,that has maybe a token slot system that allows you so much use of the hot water outlet per token
A customer whats one for a shared yard,so he can supply all with hot water for cleaning cars ect but cover costs

Last edited by a moderator:
A straight forward water meter (provided it is suitable for hot water) will tell you consumption but as for coin operated one I really wouldn't know (and even if you can find one it will be mega expensive)

have you tried bes or antares puddle they are the sort of places you may get oddities like that or some were like an electrical supply like cef,newlec etc

Yes you can get them but off the top of my head I cant remeber where But about 15 years ago I did a stint for a company replacing laundry equipment on caravan club sites and they all had pay slots that we had to change for new ones along with all the laundry equipment, none of them came with a usage meter.

You can definitely get something. Years back when we were working away and staying in digs they had the shower rigged up to a coin slot. It operated a motorised valve. Never put a 10p in it as long as i was there!
You could probably do it with a solenoid valve to.

Hi, I did something similar to this a while ago but for a cold supply.

Try here Coin Operated Timers for a token meter that will provide a switched output.
You could use this to drive either a motorised or solenoid valve.

I'd probably go down the solenoid route if it will be getting lots of use in more aggressive conditions such as a yard as there's less to go wrong and they tend to be better sealed...

You would need a flow counter as opposed to a timer.

I have a similar issue - there are flats near me who have a shared oil tank and each house has a meter so you know who has used what and how much, however the landlord sometimes has problems getting the money off them so pre pay is a preferred option.

Reply to meter for hot water usage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock