Search the forum,

Discuss Met uk courses? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

swales

Just about to pay for Met-uk multi skilled gas engineer level 2 & 3, costs nearly eight grand with accomodation anyone done it? is it worth it?

Hi,

I was on this site to find out about working abroad, i saw your post and thought i would let you know my experience with MET UK.

Firstly like you, i asked around, and in the main most people were slating fast track training, to be honest there was some bad stuff about MET, by the time i saw this, i had already paid my deposit and my course was about a week away from starting. I am so glad i didnt see the site earlier, as if i had i wouldn't have started my course.
Now i'm not saying its all good, the course is bloody hard, you are really learning so much, my placement (one of the main reasons for choosing MET was that they get you one) was excellent, he got me all the evidence i needed, but i didn't have one for a couple of weeks in my second block (he was on holiday) but that didn't matter too much.

My course was expensive 7K all in, my parents thought i was wasting my money, but looking back, yes i could have got somewhere else cheaper, but would i have got through with someone else???
Have you been to the centre? It is a real cool place, lots of bays, good trainers etc. I feel reasonably confident, working with my local council, might go it alone in a year or two.

Stevo

HI there Im at met-uk at the mo and its biggest rip of in the world. I would not recommend to any one its not just me any one on my course or any other courses have all said they wouldnt either.

just started the course...its a lot to learn so cant comment on how good yet..the work placement is the key,get a good one and you will be fine but have heard a few stories of not so good placements
it is a very good package but the placement is thr real key
gwerty what probs have you had????

Hi, I did my gas course with Met -UK 2 years ago and at the time it was very good but we did for the most part have good instructors. Like someone else said you need to get a good work placement. They were unable to get me a good one to start with but found me a very good one after about six weeks and I ended up having more than enough for my portfolio.
One guy on our course had insufficient evidence to take his ACS at the end and had to defer for a couple of months.

placement is critical one guy on my course hasnt got one and my placement when i rang him had forgotten me and said ill give you a call..i am not holding my breath
if you dont get a good placement ur up poo creek

Newbie you are spot on. Getting the portfolio completed is the most difficult part of qualifying.

just waiting to hear back about my placement as i am in 3rd week out of centre so falling behind a bit

fasttrack courses are they good ? What i am hearing is that it isn,t and that thats why we have so many cowboyplumbers.

you have to be realistic as not everyone is good enough with their hands and no matter how good training is some people will not be good plumbers.these courses will give you the basic skills to be a plumber but dont for one moment thing you will be a good plumber
you are like a child thats learnt to walk and it will take a good couple of years of experience and a fair few mistakes before you can call yourself a plumber
also there are too many people taking these courses thinking there is a golden cow waiting at the end there is No shortage of plumbers now and its a tough enviroment.Yes a few years back there was a shortage and prices /wages were good but now every tom dick and harry is trying to be a plumber as they see it as a easy in with big rewards.my son only just got employment with 3 yrs experience c@g 6129 acs ccn1/cen1/ckr1/cpa1 energy eff so think very carefully before parting with your hard earned and explore different careers as its tough out there

on my previous post looks like i may have a plcaement with a housing assoc so keeping fingers crossed

Hi guys could i ask any of you wich have studied at met uk if you have heard of building trades training its a sister company of met uk and im just lookin for some info regarding them.

I am attending the open day on saturday so any info i get i will post back on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Met uk courses? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock