Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflow pressure high. Leaking from overflow pipe when water heating in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks. I've noticed recently that water is dripping from my Megaflow overflow pipe outside coinciding with the time the heating turns on to heat the water.

Whilst the water is dripping, the pressure on the Megaflow is reading around 8 bar.

Dripping from overflow stops and the pressure returns to around 3 bar after running a hot water tap downstairs.

I've another gauge as seen in attachments but not sure what it's for or how I should read it.

Any ideas on how I could fix this issue. If it's beyond me I'd like to have a basic understanding of what's going on so I could organise a plumber to fix it.

How urgent would this fix be based on the current high pressure?

Thanks very much for any help. Much appreciated

Attachments

• PXL_20220727_160419449.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220727_160419449.MP.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20220727_160433238.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220727_160433238.MP.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20220727_160442254.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220727_160442254.MP.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20220727_160949238.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220727_160949238.MP.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 6
There is a sticker on the cylinder telling you how to regenerate the air bubble inside.
This is meant for the home owner to do and is very simple.
If that doesn’t work then you need to contact a G3 registered plumber.

Reply to Megaflow pressure high. Leaking from overflow pipe when water heating in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
hi i have a drip leak from the bottom of this pipe see attached how do i fix it is there a video that would help me cheers
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am a homeowner and have a Valliant EcoTech 835 (2017). Serviced every year and worked like a treat until about a few months ago when I notified the pressure reading was too high (> 3 bar). My plumber came and did a regular service and told me the boiler is in tip top condition. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years old now and was amazing when it was first installed. Around a year ago we had a problem with water dripping from the overflow pipe outside and we ended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock