Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflow + Boiler Service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

ben179v

Hi all

First post so please go easy!

We purchased a new boiler and megaflow a year ago and guess it now needs its annual maintenace check especially as we live in a very hard water area, question is how much should we be looking to pay?

Thanks in advance

About £180.00 for me to service both. As I would drain the cylinder and refill to establish the air bubble, takes a while.

Plus standard boiler service is £90.00. Which will prob take me about an hour maybe more, as I do em properly, not just check the flue, do a combustion anyayis, a gas rate and bugger off.

If you're in the south east, email me and I'll pencil it in.

Regards,

Dan

Ill drive upto to the south east if you get that much for doing that

I used to live quite near Edenbridge, Dan, (New Addington, no doubt you've heard of it!) so I know I can get meself cheap accommodation if you're charging that much for a service!

I do know new Addidington Croppie. I don't think that figure is unreasonable. I would be onsite for 3 hours. Works out £60 an hour.

Surely you wouldn't be draining the megaflo right down to re-estbalish the airgap ?

Well I didn't drop a cylinder completely once, and there was a problem. When I spoke to Mega flow technical helpline I was told to drain cylinder to almost totally empty, and refill ensuring that there was no open tap in the system.

It didnt take 15 minutes, it took more like 45 mins. Frankly I do it as instructed by the manufacturer, and if it takes you 15 minutes then fair play to you. I don't have to defend how I do my job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflow + Boiler Service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We had a Gloworm Energy 7 30r Boiler fitted in Jan 22 to replace a British Gas Boiler (which was a Glowworm Rebranded ) when the heat exchanger split after 10 years. The old boiler had a pressure gauge on the fascia but this new model is not fitted with one. After it was all fitted I queried...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hello there. . . I have a vented heating system, on an oil boiler. Also connected to the system is an open multifuel fire boiler which can be used with the oil boiler or on its own. Both will heat the radiators and the hot water. . . I recently drained down the system to change a radiator (a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We moved into our current home 18-months ago and the following heating/ HW system was already in place: Worcester Bosch 24i system boiler with loft water tank and ancient cylinder (c.100 litre capacity). This looks after 17 rads and two bathrooms. In order to improve water pressure in...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock