Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflo unvented cylinder drip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there. I have noticed a drip on the primary flow pipe going into the tank. Not sure what could be causing it. It seems to happen when the heating and hot water are off. Have attached a photo. It comes from the top and runs down the pipe.

No dripping in the tundish and we replenished the air bubble last week so shouldn't be that.

Thanks

20190408_103100.jpg

Its an bleed/air vent , just make sure its closed using your finger and thumb , not grips, otherwise you could make it worse .

It is on the heating (primary) side, nothing to do with the hot water (secondary) side that comes from the Megaflo to the taps.
You could just call a heating engineer to replace it as it is technically not part of the unvented cylinder which would require the person to also hold the G3 ticket but why not find a heating engineer who has it then they can also service it at the same time & maybe put the pipe insulation on which should have been there from installation.

Thanks for your replies. I've tightened it and seems to have stopped the dripping so far. Should it be a bit loose though so it can relieve any pressure if needed? Am waiting for our usual heating engineer to take a look in case it needs replacing.

Reply to Megaflo unvented cylinder drip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock