Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflo - servicing? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

The official line is that a Megaflo needs annual servicing.

I have a Megaflo cylinder that was serviced about 2 years ago when we moved in. Only 2 house occupants. After an honest opinion on if a service is required?

I know how to recharge the airgap and have done that twice in the 2 years. The cylinder was newly installed about 4 years ago.

thanks

Yes, needs a service and nobody does which gives manufacturers an easy out when you claim against the long warranty.

What does a service actually entail? I'm assuming it's largely to make sure the safety devices are working correctly?
As a general rule of thumb it is required to cover all the safety devices, clean filters, recharge expansion facility and then record performance, pressures/temps and flow. I also find lots of installation faults while servicing these units that can be rectified. It's a good opportunity to check electrical connections, make sure the immersion works if indirectly heated and not in use much. I also find hardly any with the correct amount of pipe insulation so normally end up lagging pipes. Obviously you also repair anything that requires it. I'm sure there's more but that normally get me through most of it.

Reply to Megaflo - servicing? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock