Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflo problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheShanachie

Hi and thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help

I have a megaflo cylyder in my apartment and although the heating is working fine I have no hot water. I checked the switches and consoles etc but cant see anything wrong.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

I will obv call an enginneer if need be but though it may be an easy fix so said I'd ask

Thanks again The Shanachie

is your megaflo direct or indirect ? if it is indirect you will have a two or three port valve,check that is operating and that the cylinder is calling for heat.

I have a Ideal mini s28 boiler and a megaflo CL145 I'm not sure but think its a indirect system looking at a diagram online But not sure where this valve is

Last edited by a moderator:
There should be an electrical immersion heater (used as a back up) that you can turn on so you can heat some hot water up until the problem is fixed.

indiret if u have a boiler, does it have 2x2 ports or 3 and 2 port? my guess is one has failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflo problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
M
I've got a heating boiler which heats up the water in a tank located in a cupboard upstairs and then from there I get hot water & hearing. I get hot water ok but the heating doesn't come on when turning the thermostat to a higher temperature. I've got a 2 way motorized diverter valve which would...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am fitting new taps and a shower mixer in my en-suite and was looking to isolate the hot water pipes. I have an unvented indirect heating system (have attached some photos). I was wondering if the isolation valve that would shut off the water to the hot water taps is as circled in the...
Replies
Views
I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber (no call to heat) I have been told that this is likely due to the 3 way valve or motor on it (Myson Power Extra). I am wondering whether to try and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two indirect water cylinders (Gledhill) connected to a gas boiler (Vaillant). The system is setup/programmed so that the tanks heat up twice a day for about 2 hours. When the tanks start to heat, one of them makes a loud vibrating noise, sometimes for about 15-20 mins, sometimes for...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock