Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflo plumbing problem. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all, I have.an odd problem. The 8 bar prv keeps discharging at full bore whenever I use the garden tap at the same time as the shower and washing machine are in use. Originally thought the valve may be faulty but the Megaflo cylinder and all the inlet control valves have been replaced very recently but the problem persists. The Baxi engineer that replaced the equipment could not resolve the issue. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Many thanks.

I assume you must have high mains pressure. Get it checked as close to the main stopcock as possible.

I suspect it’s high enough to trip the megaflo prv.

Now, usually the megaflo is protected by a pressure reducing valve. But, the mains could be back feeding through a dodgy thermostatic cartridge (shower).

The properties cold outlets should be fed from the same balanced (pressure reduced) feed as the megaflo, to ensure hot and cold are same pressures.

I assume you must have high mains pressure. Get it checked as close to the main stopcock as possible.

I suspect it’s high enough to trip the megaflo prv.

Now, usually the megaflo is protected by a pressure reducing valve. But, the mains could be back feeding through a dodgy thermostatic cartridge (shower).

The properties cold outlets should be fed from the same balanced (pressure reduced) feed as the megaflo, to ensure hot and cold are same pressures.
Hello Timmy D. Thanks for your reply. Incoming mains is at 3.4 bar. Independently checked by Baxi engineer. The old cylinder and valves were in place for over a decade without issue. The problem only started recently when I started using the garden tap. The cylinder and valves have been replaced with new ones for other reasons but the problem remains.

For safety reasons, only properly qualified people can work on unvented systems, so DIY is not an option. Contact Heatrae Sadia customer support:

and get them to send another engineer. (I'm puzzled by why your 'Baxi engineer' didn't do this for you when they couldn't fix the problem themselves. Were they legit?)

For safety reasons, only properly qualified people can work on unvented systems, so DIY is not an option. Contact Heatrae Sadia customer support:

and get them to send another engineer. (I'm puzzled by why your 'Baxi engineer' didn't do this for you when they couldn't fix the problem themselves. Were they legit?)

Baxi is heatrae eg baxi own / do warranty / customer support

I know you said they are new, but I would replace the 8bar relieve valve it could be duff out of the box.

Or just don’t use those three outlets at the same time if that is the only time it happens …….

Reply to Megaflo plumbing problem. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock