Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflo heating issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all!

I have a Megaflo economy 7 water tank, the lower element keeps tripping off requiring the ‘safety’ button to be pressed back in. The water was also recently turned off in my apartment block due to a leak somewhere.

Can anyone tell me what the issue may be? Has the water being off caused the problem?
Will resetting the air-gap help?
I’ve seen water dripping from the tundish also at times.

Thanks,
K

Hi all!

I have a Megaflo economy 7 water tank, the lower element keeps tripping off requiring the ‘safety’ button to be pressed back in. The water was also recently turned off in my apartment block due to a leak somewhere.

Can anyone tell me what the issue may be? Has the water being off caused the problem?
Will resetting the air-gap help?
I’ve seen water dripping from the tundish also at times.

Thanks,
K
Don`t need a G3 guy to reset the bubble and plenty of "how to" help on the interweb do it it.

I’m on to my landlord about it, luckily the boost is still working. As I live in a flat the lowest hot tap is on the same level as half way up the tank, so I think it would need draining somewhere on the tank itself.

Re-charging the bubble will likely stop the dripping through the tun-dish, if not you will need an engineer but it will not help with the bottom High Limit tripping.

The reset is not a user control & you should not be just pushing back in.

The control stat is adjustable & although I would not recommend it you can adjust the outlet temperature within the range 55-65 deg C in hard water areas. (max is 70 if soft water). The High Limit Stat has a fixed set point of between 80 & 85 deg C, it should only operated if the control has failed or if there is another problem which a G3/ unvented hot water engineer should investigate.
It might also be a idea to remind / inform your Landlord that although you are happy to keep an eye on the tun-dish for signs of water these cylinders do require servicing & recharging the bubble is not easy due to the installation.

Sounds to me lime the element is christmas crackered. Needs changing. Make sure it is the correct replacement. There are many that fit but few right. When thats done they will sort the bubble at same time.
Not having the bottom element is costing yo7 serious money.

Reply to Megaflo heating issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Good morning! I have a dripping tundish, so decided it's time to replenish the air gap in my Megaflo - something I've done from time to time in the past. So I've turned off the water, opened a hot tap, and then tried to open the pressure relief valve on the Megaflo. But it's stuck: the plastic...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
I’ve a Megaflo system with a conventional boiler, and yesterday, with no warning, it stopped passing any water. The cold flow is fine, there’s only the tiniest trickle from the hot taps on the lower floors, nothing on the higher ones. I’ve checked the combination valve for blockages, and...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating Not Working Normally. When I turn on the heating, it doesn’t start. However, I still receive hot water, suggesting the boiler does work in some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock