Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflo air bubble regen frequency. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys was wondering if anyone can advise on the frequency of having to recharge a megaflo air bubble? I have had mine installed not for 6 months and noticed the turndish was dripping, so I shut the cold feed off, let the pressure off and regened the air bubble. This seems to have sorted the issue but is this normal for 6 months brand new? Ps we use almost all of the hot water daily if this makes any difference. Cheers.

Hi,
recharging the air gap after approximately 6 months would not be a cause for concern. If the intermittent discharging from the expansion valve stopped afterwards then the air gap is replenished. Should the frequency increase or the discharge becomes continuous then seek the services of a G3 qualified engineer. You will also have a service in another 6 months or so (12 months after the benchmark form was completed in your Megaflo user guide) and the engineer will check all components during the visit.

Friend contacted me recently re above, he is having to recharge the air gap ~ every 2 to 3 months now, previously > 6 months, his system is always pressurized so a bit puzzled, is it possible that the dip tube is pin holed somewhere or is this unlikely?, 9 year old cylinder.

IMO, possible but unlikely. If external causes (changes in HW consumption, leaks, valves, etc.) are ruled out, failure of the internal baffle seems more likely to me. Has the owner noticed any white (plastic) granules / powder in the hot water? A G3 engr can fit an external expansion vessel either as a permanent fix or a diagnostic measure.

Megaflos have long warranty periods so check what's covered.

Reply to Megaflo air bubble regen frequency. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock