Search the forum,

Discuss MDPE Pipe to 22mm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

So I am replacing a lead pipe in my property, and advise from another member was to replace the stopcock etc to 22mm instead of 15mm.

I was looking at the pipe coming from the road and it is a blue pipe, which was put in around 2 year ago. I presume this means it is MDPE?

Would the fitting at this link be substantial to join this to a 22mm pipe?

Many thanks in advance,

Aslong as you have a 25 mm blue alk pipe your trying to join onto

So save a fitting , you can buy a stoptap that fits directly on to the MDPE assuming of course is convenient for your stoptap , dont forget the liner/s

So save a fitting , you can buy a stoptap that fits directly on to the MDPE assuming of course is convenient for your stoptap , dont forget the liner/s
Thanks

I just found the MDPE stoptap (25 x 22). That is a better option for me. When you say liners? Are those the pushfit pipe nserts?

Thanks

I just found the MDPE stoptap (25 x 22). That is a better option for me. When you say liners? Are those the pushfit pipe nserts?

Yes and the white 25mm alk liners

If you do use speedfit and compression don’t use the super seal inserts

Supers are great for push fit fittings but there too big for compression

You need the regular jg inserts for compression

Reply to MDPE Pipe to 22mm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock