Search the forum,

Discuss MCS Steering group in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

unguided1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Congratulations to the MCS Steering group that have now added the MIS3005 document which is yet another add on, in their continual search for making the MCS virtualy impossible for a one man band to achieve.

And A big congratulations for the governments debarcle over FITS and single handedly attempting to destroy the PV industry overnight.

So what is the point of the MCS if the grants arent worth the agro, and who wants to make a bet that they will cancel the RHI for Heatpumps

Becomes more of a money making scam as each week goes by. Grants for the wealthy and only affordable by the wealthy.

I'm sorry, I've not been keeping you up to date with the campaign to make MCS more accessible for small businesses. This is partly because I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall dealing with the chair of the MCS steering group.

I am still trying to do what I can and the last contact I had with Gideon Richards (Chairman of the steering group) was to ask for 2 or 3 of the campaigners to be allowed to address the MCS Management Panel. They are all aware of the email exchanges between Mr Richards & I, but are all carefully making no comment.

Needless to say, my request has been ignored for the last 6 weeks, so I will be repeating my request in the next day or so - don't hold your breath!!!

The trouble with bureaucracy is that it's a drain on everything when trying to reduce it or, in this case, when campaigning against it. Other things take over, work has to go on, etc. Enthusiasm lowers and bureaucracy keeps bumbling along like a steam roller.

Closed shop for the big boys then.
It's looking that way, Simon, as it is with the Green Deal.

As it stands now, it looks like there is a whole new set of requirements and accreditation needed before installers can get involved in condensing boiler, underfloor heating, cylinder or controls work under the Green Deal. As far as I can see the requirements for solar thermal are different again and there is no mention of MCS, so it may be new stuff for that as well. Pathetic, really!!

So, as you say, a big boys charter then, and the public will pay over the odds if independents can't get involved!

I feared this would happen, Im now not renewing my NAPIT or REAL membership and all but given up on being MCS. Ive written the money off as a wasted exercise in trying to get a foothold in the renewable game. I still believe renewable technologies are a good idea, its just a pity we have a bunch of sherman's running the whole show.
How do the government expect to meet their targets now? These clowns are totally inept at formalising any decent workable strategy, mind you they would probably make great brickies judging by the amount of walls they are building in the paths of the average one man band firm.
The only thing the MCS Steering group is doing is steering any decent installers away from being involved in the first place!

I feared this would happen, Im now not renewing my NAPIT or REAL membership and all but given up on being MCS. Ive written the money off as a wasted exercise in trying to get a foothold in the renewable game. I still believe renewable technologies are a good idea, its just a pity we have a bunch of sherman's running the whole show.
How do the government expect to meet their targets now? These clowns are totally inept at formalising any decent workable strategy, mind you they would probably make great brickies judging by the amount of walls they are building in the paths of the average one man band firm.
The only thing the MCS Steering group is doing is steering any decent installers away from being involved in the first place!

Same here CES totally given up on renewables.

i have recently sent off application pack to Napit to get on the mcs scheme, the more i get to find out about the scheme the worse it gets, i get the feeling that the policy is definitley to exclude small firms.
It also worries me that if the Rhi ever commit to some figures they will be vastly reduced as solar pv has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MCS Steering group in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock