Search the forum,

Discuss MCS Heat Pump Standard Updated V5.0 Published !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worcester

Esteemed
Plumber
BMW moment...
Don't you just love our industry sector :)

We check the MCS website monthly, (on the 15th) yet lo and behold without any notification to us at all, or any advance notification whatsover they published a nee Heat Pump standard.

They published it on the 28th April 2017, and it comes in force (optionally )from the 17th May 2017 !!! (And still no notification...)

Not only that half the information needed to comply with it won't be published until the 17/05/17 ...

And - we've never had any consultation whatsover. We work with 4 of the leading heat pump manufacturers, all of whom sit on the MCS technical group for heat pumps and NONE of them knew this was coming out last week!!

Oh well yet another day understanding all the changes and implementing them and... they have still not updated the RHI metering requirements for heat pumps following the recent review.
BMW moment over....
(pig Moan, Whine :) ) - We all need one once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MCS Heat Pump Standard Updated V5.0 Published !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, we had UFH installed dowstairs in our house recently, and I'm not 100% sure that it's connected correctly. I'd be grateful if someone could have a look at the diagrams and tell me if what the plumber did makes sense. The house is heated with an A2W Samsung/Joule heatpump. The buffer...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope someone can give me some advice on replacing an old air source heat pump. We moved into a shared ownership house last year which has a Daiken air source heat pump fitted to provide heating and hot water. The unit was fitted when the house was built 12 years ago. It seems that the...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Went to stick the underfloor heating on and the pump started making a weird noise and the first red LED and the last amber LED are on - which per instructions means that the pump is blocked and it is necessary to deblock the shaft. It has a deblocking screw in the centre of the control...
Replies
Views
Russell S
R
P
Hi there, please help dont have a clue how to set this up. Ive recently installed a complete new central heating system in my house myself. The system is up and running and works okay but I feel it could work alot better if it were setup properly. Im not a plumber and really understand how parts...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock