Search the forum,

Discuss McAlpine Waste Fitting in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Just a quickie on the general consensus on applying silicone on top of rubber seal prior to seating the tray. Basically.....

YES or NO.

What has this got to do with McAlpine unless you mean fitting to the waste fitted in the sink but then that has nothing to do with seating the "tray".

Yours confused.

Help if I put the photo up. I’m a idiot. 😁

Attachments

• 4D03AEDC-0E55-4C5B-A0D8-1B15D6B3CB98.jpeg
    4D03AEDC-0E55-4C5B-A0D8-1B15D6B3CB98.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 17
Yes a smear of silicone on there , be aware that the shower tray needs to be supported over its entire base and bedded on flexible tile adhesive and not just laid across joists and noggins ??? Apologies if I am mistaken . Kop

Reply to McAlpine Waste Fitting in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know whether the McAlpine Flexcon 6 - thats the one with a compression fitting one end and a plain spigot the other end is directional or can it be fitted either way around regarding waste flow?
Replies
Views
In my last posting, I requested assistance in exchanging a waste that had been fitted using silicone, without actually removing the basin. Mission accomplished. However, I now have a further issue for which I would welcome any suggestions or advice. I decided to replace the McAlpine Pedestal...
Replies
Views
Hi, came across this old push fit waste pipe. Stripped out the old shower and it was a 40mm waste pipe siliconed in the fitting. The fittings at floor level so I’d be looking to bend (90 degrees) straight away so I can get the lowest possible shower tray. Could someone advise what I could...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock