Search the forum,

Discuss Maxipod Temperature Differences in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

John.g

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
If a Maxipod is heated only with a oil fired boiler does the outlet temperature change (before any TMV) depending on where the cylinder stat is located, for example if the probe is located towards the bottom of the cylinder and set say to 70C then because of the deltaT through the boiler the cylinder top will be higher and there will be a falling temperature gradient down through the cylinder?. If the deltaT through the boiler is say 15C then the cylinder top may be 85C when the cylinder stat cuts out the boiler at 70C. If the stat is located towards the cylinder top then the cylinder top will be 70C but the bottom only 55C. So would it be true to say that one can't get a cylinder full of water at 70C (or whatever the cylinder SP is set to) when the cylinder contents are being circulated through the boiler vs a traditional cylinder & coil.

Reply to Maxipod Temperature Differences in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an 20yrs heat only potterton 50e boiler with 196x old house - suspended floor - designer radiators, open vent system and hot water cylinder on first floor with two motorised valves and stat. I want to replace the boiler with minimal cost and max efficiency so thinking of replacing...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000 life 40kw boiler on system with 7 radiators and the boiler is located in the loft of a 1907 end of terrace house. It has been range rated down to 50% and I currently have the flow temperature set to 64, due to slow warm up. I recently purchased a...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I was wondering if you set a boiler flow temperature at lets say 50 degrees and your unvented indirect cylinder is at 55 degrees - is it the case your cylinder will never reach up to temperature, or will it reach the temperature but just take longer? I have an older boiler where I can...
Replies
Views
B
Hello, I hope someone can give some advice with this problem. I have a Vaillant ecoTec plus 418 with Drayton MA1 mid-position actuator, Drayton HTS3 cylinder stat, Honeywell DT90E room stat and Drayton LP522 controller. Boiler fires up reliably, but after it cuts out as soon as the DHW...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock