Search the forum,

Discuss Martin McGuinness dead in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I won't celebrate the illness and death of Martin, nor would I wish it on anyone.
Sympathy to his family, but they can be thankful at least they got to prepare for his death and no doubt got to say goodbye, unlike most of the relatives of IRA victims. Also he reached 66 years, unlike most victims.
We are now going to hear about what a peacemaker and brave man to make peace he was.
A brave man is someone who stood up against violence, not supported it for 30 years until you fail.
Martin represented Irish republicans who wanted to unite Ireland and its people by killing its people. Not very clever.

Last edited:
Definitely terrorist. Genuine freedom fighters would have a just cause.
Pity that he hadn't helped try to persuade his followers many years ago that their violence was pointless and actually counterproductive.

Last edited:
His army shot my friends dad in the back of the head, he was 10 years old at the time, he found his dad in the yard dead and ran miles for help. The ira left him an Orphan. Martin tried to redeem himself but in my eyes he didnt.

Peace in northern Ireland is the best thing ever happened. I grew up in the troubles i dodged two car bombs which destroyed the town center and a church i went too. So i hope are country never goes back to fighting.

Peace in northern Ireland is the best thing ever happened. I grew up in the troubles i dodged two car bombs which destroyed the town center and a church i went too. So i hope are country never goes back to fighting.

I agree, but so many negative things I could add about the price of "peace" though. Gerry Adams let the cat out of the bag when he said they were using equality rights as a "Trojan Horse".

• Friendly
Reactions: Dan
Lads, religion and politics, and certainly a subject kinda covering both, is a bit touchy at the best of times.

So thanks so far for keeping this amicable, and make sure that continues.

I've seen this exact discussion cause big issues on another forum (not one of ours thankfully) so just keep that in mind, especially now it's drinking weekend etc :)

I don't want to cause offence, sorry, please delete if you think it might offend other users.

• Friendly
We run on a report-by basis here. If people get offended, they can report it, we'll take action then.

Nobody has I must be honest, and I'm kind of congratulating you all for being so professional about it. So it's okay.

But I just thought I'd step in to make people aware that I'm watching it, and to let them know to PM me or report it if they thing something is out of line and we'll take action then. Which doesn't mean we're taking sides of the topic. We're taking sides of the forum.

If people are alright with it running that's fine with me. If one single person gets offended, I don't mind pulling the whole thread. So if you want to get your view across and it stay live, be amicable and diplomatic about it.

Personally though, it's a thread I wouldn't contribute my opinion to.

I've fell out with best mates over Hitler before, and neither of us were German or Jews. Know what I mean? If people are opinionated (and on a forum with thousands of members) the risk is bloody massive for an argument that in a weeks time both sides would be like 'what the hell did I get worked up about that for'.

But when drink is in play, and quick replies are allowed, and then sometimes things are read as they were not intended to be written etc, it's just not worth it sometimes IMO.

But you guys knock yourselves out like lol but I'm not giving my view. And you've got more balls than me if you do. :D

I don't want to cause offence, sorry, please delete if you think it might offend other users.

I doubt if anything you have said to date, would offend or shock many people. As the saying goes, The dogs on the street even know. Truth only hurts the wrongdoers IMO.
Only reasons why I keep it gentle is, - firstly it is the open part of forum, secondly I don't want to appear to dislike different traditions or religions for no good reason and thirdly I definitely don't want this plumbing forum to become like another politics forum.
Those that support murder obviously would extremely offend others and then we all start to find enemies. :)

• Friendly
No worries Dan, - impossible for Gazzt and myself to disagree as we are obviously on the right side. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Martin McGuinness dead in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock