Search the forum,

Discuss Marks out of Ten for this ? how many in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

popup

22mm Hep2o pipe work , Central Heating system.
Picture005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not an excuse, but have you ever seen the time some of these guys get from their boss to install systems?

You should ask if the installers are paid bonus or not. The problem with bonus is that it can be a corner cutter. And scruffy pipework is just a part of it.

The thing is, if the guys don't earn bonus they get the sack. So its either work fast or fired.

So whilst the bonus jobs may not be dangerous to anyone, they don't always look good.

I don't like bonus, but would accept them if they where realistic the problem is many aren't. A boss knows a job takes say 8 hours at normal rates missing nothing, what do they expect to get done in 6 hours?

Fair comment , but it does not take long to fix pipe work using the proper clips and stand of spacers, its only 1 screw and clips every metre would do

Hi! popup

Once again may I say, I think bonus working, is a big part of bad workmanship. Its not that the person can't do good work its just that they don't get the time too.

The pipework in the pictures looks to have been lashed in and a couple of clips bashed in after. But that is part of the cutting corners I was talking about. Its far faster to do that than clip it properly.

On a normal clip out you put the clips on first and bend the pipes to the clips, not put the pipes in then clip them. But its a lot slower than doing it the lash in way.

When you speak about time we are talking minutes here. Some companies have been going for some time and so their bonus times are very tight indeed. As each year they reduce the time taken or price low to get the work and then take out a profit and whats left they divided up into bonus targets. Often if your working for a sub contracting firm the main contractor has had his money out and your boss has had is and there is little left at the end of it for decent bonus targets.

Bosses gain from it not only by keeping labour costs low but also supervision time. In other words if your on bonus they can tell by the amount of work you are claiming whether you are working or not.

Its rough out there with many companies now working bonus schemes. Its probably why the new starters can't get jobs. They may be able to put a bathroom suite in, but can they do one or two a day on bonus?

And don't forget you usually have to load it all out yourself, as well as completely pipe it out from two short pipe stumps and install the soil stack all in a day. And sometime you don't even have electricity to drill or charge your drill.

If I had my way I would ban all bonus work everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh,I have one of those levels,there rubbish :D

LOL :D

To be fair, I can see why they do it, it is quicker... alot quicker. When iv had do to jobs for some contractors and they expect everything to be done yesterday you have no choice to cut corners. Although a poor show not getting the programmer level, will a hammer fix that?:rolleyes:

try this for 10 out of 10

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPSMBDQ5XwU

Classic you- tube plumbing vidio flat pack,have entered quick link,hope OK

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPSMBDQ5XwU"]YouTube - The result of a POLISH plumbers work in a house in Cork. . .[/ame]

Also you've helped me find one of my other favorates,which I was looking for to put in the 'what you have done to aprentice thread'

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qURQORA0gEQ&feature=related"]YouTube - aprentice plumber trying to change valve. Live !!![/ame]

:D

oh dear think that stat is going to become far more annoying:( they are prone to losing signal:(

how many nipples do you in one day,
beats waiting for plumbing shop to open job done

http://theheadlemur.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8345237e469e20111690eb027970c-800wi
mother of god:eek:
did a job a few months ago in a club basement that was rented out,it had failed the fire regs due to the way the heating pipes were run,instead of running them around the walls and clipping them properly,they just punched holes through the ceiling and ran the pipes straight across the centre of the room,to make matters worse for clips they used two bits of wire screwed to the plaster board only,two bits of wire holding two 22mm pipes over a ten metre span,the bow in the pipes was over three foot:eek:

Is that polish video fo real ? :eek: Im sure those guys must of done it themself for a youtube laugh surley ?

Realy is NO excuse for not cliping pipework properly, realy how much time do you save??? And as for the state, :rolleyes: what a numpty lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Marks out of Ten for this ? how many in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock