Search the forum,

Discuss Mapping out pipe work in house in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I live in a house that is 20 years old and I am trying to get to know it. How easy would it be to map out the pipe work in the house? It’s for my own interest more than anything else
Thank you

All pipework? Central heating pipework? water pipework? Waste pipework?

Hi there , all of it if possible - the stop tap is in the utility room for example so assume that’s the entry point into the house , it’s just trying to work out the rest of the downstairs from there , is there a method/ process to follow

worth doing. I did this and then replaced the pipe work and created what I call my hydronic centres (one upper floors and one for the lower floors. I can now individually isolate every radiator, tap and toilets, appliances from central place. also created cross over circuits for the continuous heaters and combi. Took ages mind..

Attachments

• imageedit_1_5842536269.jpg
    imageedit_1_5842536269.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 21
worth doing. I did this and then replaced the pipe work and created what I call my hydronic centres (one upper floors and one for the lower floors. I can now individually isolate every radiator, tap and toilets, appliances from central place. also created cross over circuits for the continuous heaters and combi. Took ages mind..
Holy &£*! and about £200 in pushfit 😜

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there , all of it if possible - the stop tap is in the utility room for example so assume that’s the entry point into the house , it’s just trying to work out the rest of the downstairs from there , is there a method/ process to follow
The easiest method is to just try to follow the routes. Wouldn’t be too concerned with mapping as such.

Holy &£*! and about £200 in pushfit 😜
And this is just 1 of them.....I have high pressure by design (2 cold water circuits, one at 8bar and another at 3 bar) Cold water priority feed to boilers. Pushfit was used because I live in the 21st and needed something that will not fail in a few years time. Bathrooms all have their own media servers, Ethernet and the ceilings have embedded audio exciter speakers...so the whole ceiling is a speaker. Individually addressed LED couples to the media server to create light shows if you are in the mood. The main lighting is also adaptive and reactive and works by voice activation, web server of just clapping)
The things you do when you have lots of time, money, knowledge.... and a very big house....

And this is just 1 of them.***.I have high pressure by design (2 cold water circuits, one at 8bar and another at 3 bar) Cold water priority feed to boilers. Pushfit was used because I live in the 21st and needed something that will not fail in a few years time. Bathrooms all have their own media servers, Ethernet and the ceilings have embedded audio exciter speakers...so the whole ceiling is a speaker. Individually addressed LED couples to the media server to create light shows if you are in the mood. The main lighting is also adaptive and reactive and works by voice activation, web server of just clapping)
The things you do when you have lots of time, money, knowledge.* and a very big house.*
Sounds like fun.

Reply to Mapping out pipe work in house in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock