Currently reading:
map pro & propane

Discuss map pro & propane in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
recently bought a Go system auto torch with map gas and was reading on here the other day, that beginners would not be able to solder properly with map/pro gas and would be better of with propane.. just wondering if someone could shed some light on the subject for me please.. thanks men

I find as I'm getting older the bottles are too heavy to lug about so only use it if I need to lead burn.

i personaly use mapp for the time diffrence it does speed up those big jobs. i do use propane tho and agree it is better for biginners as it gives more of a window for getting it right. i agree with above over the sf2 its a top piece of kit and its fine tuneable for the individual user :)

Thought it was just me who uses the mapp, I love it for the speed. Although I do go through heat mats. :)

I use Mapp most of the time as I find that when lighting me *** buts it gives a clean fast burn to the edge of me beard, also with ordinary propane when soldering in tight kitchen cuboards I find that the black scorch marks look really awful so at least with mapp it actualy burns a hole in the back of the cupboard ready fer drilling the outside tap the waste hole and if it turns into a raging inferno you can put a cat flap in too

I use Mapp most of the time as I find that when lighting me *** buts it gives a clean fast burn to the edge of me beard, also with ordinary propane when soldering in tight kitchen cuboards I find that the black scorch marks look really awful so at least with mapp it actualy burns a hole in the back of the cupboard ready fer drilling the outside tap the waste hole and if it turns into a raging inferno you can put a cat flap in too

I actually find I'm less likely to scorch stuff as I can use a smaller flame.

Thought it was just me who uses the mapp, I love it for the speed. Although I do go through heat mats. :)
lol yeh iknow that one they dont last to long but ive struck luky recently and had a run without needing one on my jobs :)

So there is a Mapp fan base too. I thought I was out on a limb for a second. When all you use is Mapp, and have to use propane for whatever reason, its painful.

COME ON!!!!!!!

i started with mapp gas and have never used anything else.

mind you it does set the heat mat on fire sometimes !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to map pro & propane in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock