Search the forum,

Discuss Manufacture's warranty in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

HI all
Was after some advice on warranty's. I had a boiler fitted under a government scheme, underfloor insulation and new boiler. I was told the boiler only came with a 2 year warranty. I was advised I could extend the warranty to 7 years at extra cost, I was told it was an extended manufacture's warranty as I wound not have a 3rd party warranty ( incase they go bust) and they assured me it was manufacturers warranty .The boiler in question is a logic combi ESPI 30. I took another 5 years out with them and again was assured it was manufactures warranty . I received an email from the company which is below.

This is to confirm you have a 7 Years Manufacturer’s Warranty all paid for, any issues please do not hesitate to contact the office and we shall contact the

Manufacturers for you and arrange a call out.

I emailed ideal 2 months later and got this from them

The boiler has been registered by your contractor and has a two year warranty.

We would suggest you speak to whoever you paid the additional money to for clarification.

I have emailed them back a couple of times but no response what so ever.

Any advice would be appreciated
Cheers Bally

Reply to Manufacture's warranty in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
    • Optimistic
Hi folks we have a 5 year old Atag boiler under guarantee and the water pressure gauge has stopped working. Used the eco button for 6 seconds etc then A6 using plus button and reading is fine of pressure. Just a faulty small round gauge stuck at zero Phoned Atag told this part is not covered...
Replies
Views
R
Hello Just a quick question. I had a new Vaillant ecotec plus boiler installed in Nov 2021, with a 10 yr extended warranty. I've been trying to get an engineer in for weeks to do the first service but the earliest appointment is just after Christmas - have I invalidated the warranty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the boiler has started to stay on all the time. My usual engineer took a look at it and advised me to contact the manufacturer. I then had an engineer from...
Replies
Views
Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these £300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or HW.. ( I had to dig backwards from the customers phone number he had) . Turns out the email for invoice i asked for is fake, dont reply to my text...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock