Search the forum,

Discuss Manufacturer of Radiator Thermostatic Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

My bathroom radiator has a damaged Thermostatic Valve. I took it to a local DIY firm to look for a replacement. They informed me that I would need to know the manufacturer as different companies have different style connectors. I have attached a photo which shows the valve & connector. Can anyone advise who made the valve ? I am trying to avoid draining the system & putting on a new joint & valve if I can just replace the valve fitting itself. I live in then UK & the valve is up to 10 years old. It is connected to a 15mm right angle joint. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 6B5CE200-500B-4913-809C-CDFA0ED2E1D6.jpeg
    6B5CE200-500B-4913-809C-CDFA0ED2E1D6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • E303BF8C-7551-41D4-ACC5-797E4453CD7D.jpeg
    E303BF8C-7551-41D4-ACC5-797E4453CD7D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 8
Aren’t most a standard fitting? I’ve certainly swapped them from different manufacturers.

They are yes and no

Normally find most of the cheaper ones have some of the same fittings eg thermostat head etc

But the more expensive ones I find normally have custom fitments eg rasc2 etc

Aren’t most a standard fitting? I’ve certainly swapped them from different manufacturers.
Thanks for the link I will have a look at this one.
[automerge]1569135348[/automerge]
They are yes and no

Normally find most of the cheaper ones have some of the same fittings eg thermostat head etc

But the more expensive ones I find normally have custom fitments eg rasc2 etc
Thanks for all the replies. I think my valve is quite an old model. When I went into the DIY shop the only valves they all had very different connectors. I will keep researching to see if I can find a similar one.

Last edited:

Reply to Manufacturer of Radiator Thermostatic Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to replace a radiator that has a drain valve. Do I need to replace like for like and keep the drain valve in or can I replace with a thermostatic valve?
Replies
Views
the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one or setting 5 makes no difference - the radiator is blazing hot. For small bedrooms this is pain cos the room just heats up too much. we first...
Replies
Views
the thermostatic controller has snapped off the top of one of the radiator valves is the threaded metal collar standard to all valves? Can I fit one fro a different make?
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to add some radiators into my property and ideally looking to match the style of the existing ones. I cannot seem to find anything online to match. I assume this style of radiator is no longer manufactured, but I might be able to pick one up second hand. Can anyone help me...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also need to remove both valves and make the pipes shorter. Its a gravity fed system and the last radiator in the system , I have a bung kit, i know i can...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock