Search the forum,

Discuss Manningtree, Essex, CO11. Looking for RGI in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric2013

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Looking for a registered gas installer to carry out a gas inspection (and any necessary maintanance and repair) on a rental property in Manningtree, Essex.

Property has a gas cooker, 1980s Thorn Apollo boiler, and DFE gas fire.

Previous RGI who carried out LL certificate last year left the gas fire non-functional. I think he doesn't have the ticket for DFEs, so he couldn't test it?

Ideally looking for someone who can get test all three appliances.

Not found a particularly good RGI by local recommendation, so thought I'd try the forums.

House is my mother's, but I would be your customer, would let you in, and would pay you, as I live locally.

UPDATE:

Cooker and boiler have been declared safe to use, but fire still not in use. Guy doing the LL cert allegedly said no point checking if the last guy condemned it. Since I have a list of issues with the previous guy's work ethic (he just doesn't want to do any remedial work even if you pay him as he'd rather get 10 callout fees in a day and rush around), I'm of the opinion that the fire quite possibly just needs a thorough service and would probably then be safe and legal, so would appreciate a second opinion.

Still interested, if anyone has the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Manningtree, Essex, CO11. Looking for RGI in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially boils down to the heat exchanger so I am now looking to bite the bullet and have a new boiler installed. My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed...
Replies
Views
J
    • Love
During Covid I had to undertake a phone consultation to pass my Gas Safe Inspection. I failed dismally even though I have over 35 years experience! I am extremely knowledgeable in my industry, but when the pressure of having to answer rapid fire questions over the phone, and with an expectation...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not many have a sub to Telegraph (neither do I) but this is the article in full. As for the statement by BG, I haven't corroborated it but it seems an odd...
Replies
Views
My mother has a rented-out property at the above postcode. She's lives abroad and is stuck, and I am in a similar situation. Existing boiler is a Thorn Apollo heat-only open-vented boiler fitted on external kitchen wall running on a Y or S plan with vented cylinder. Seems to reaching end of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock