Search the forum,

Discuss manifold parts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lukio_3

Hi there,

1st post so be kind....:)

I'm trying to source the parts for, and build a venturi vacuum press as described on the site 'joewoodworker'.

The picture i've attached is of the manifold system required for the system. The guy who made this is american, and so, all the parts are american, imperial and have names that do not match up to fittings and parts on uk plumbing supplies websites such as screwfix.

So.. does anybody know the uk equivalent of these parts? I'm trying to build a setup like that of the picture.

The only part I could find on screwfix was the brass hex nipple!

Any comments or replies welcome

Thanks

Luke

Attachments

• parts.JPG
    parts.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 21
the bit i would struggle with is the vacuum valve?

the other bits should be obtainable but may be male in stead of female and vice versa and will likely all be metric

Couldn't you just use a gas certified ball valve but if it has a polarity reverse it because you are dealing with negative pressure rather than positive?
Pegler do some isolation valves that screwfix state are good for gas steam water and oil. Surly that would do?

-Orangepeel

Have a look at Pipeline center web should get uk equivalent from them or BSS

take that picture into a decent independant plumbers merchants and they will give you everything that you need, you might struggle with those barb type hose connector things, you might get those from a firm that deals with air hoses, pirtek, jansons etc.
BTtw whats this vacuum press going to be used for, will it involve one of those leather gimp masks and those red rubber ball things that gags your mouth?.

Last edited by a moderator:
take that picture into a decent independant plumbers merchants and they will give you everything that you need, you might struggle with those barb type hose connector things, you might get those from a firm that deals with air hoses, pirtek, jansons etc.
BTtw whats this vacuum press going to be used for, will it involve one of those leather gimp masks and those red rubber ball things that gags your mouth?.

No you don,t use vacuum with them you use..........oh oh!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to manifold parts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock