Discuss mains stopcock replacement and water ingress expected? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetdrip

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
When a stopcock goes belly-up and needs replacing it’s necessary to turn off outside mains to facilitate the replacement of now dead stopcock. Once this is done and there’s no pressure from the outside mains: just how much water ingress will I should I expect when removing/replacing stopcock or its valve?

Cheers, what am I likely to get water-wise from the outside coming into the property?

Depends on mains pressure probably something like this

pd3002056.jpg

or maybe

Manners Mall water mains leak - YouTube

Depends on mains pressure probably something like this

View attachment 7442

or maybe

Manners Mall water mains leak - YouTube

5hit! The first would serve my runner beans well.I think I'll get a surfboard for the second.

It's a job my nipper will be doing, so thought I'd triple-check with you boys on here first, just to see if there's or could be any hidden pitfalls.
It's the outside "water boards" stopcock I'm worried about as it appears if he breaks it he has to pay the water board to fix...a large bill it would be too.
Also, looking at past threads, it appears "some" plumbers er on the safe side and call out the water board to deal with, turn off, their own stopcock- around £40 to do so, thereby covering their a55 liability wise, as water board stop cocks have been know to break or be heavy-handily broken.

Cheers
Guys.

Last edited:
I've never had one break, I've gone to use one and it was already broken and I had one that was inaccessible because of a brick wedged down the hole. In both these cases I phoned the water board who came out and sorted them at no cost to me or the customer.

If you happen to break it just ring the water board and say some local vandals have broken your stoptap....;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to mains stopcock replacement and water ingress expected? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock