Search the forum,

Discuss Mains Pressure Tap above Consumer Units OK? UK Law *See Photo* in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I would like a professional plumber's advice on this attached image, which shows a mains pressure pipe with tap located above the consumer units.

Is this ok for the legal requirements in the UK?

Can someone let me know what the law is on this matter please? have a link? Thanks all.

IMG_20200915_132730 copy.jpg

You won't find a "law" covering this.

BS 7671 the electrical regs won't specifically prohibit it and I doubt you'll find any water regs either.

I certainly wouldn't do it like that now ........................

What is your interest?

Thank you very much indeed for the response. I was just very surprised to see it done this way.

My interest is safety, and it does not seem to be safe in the event of a water leak from around the tap under pressure.

Is there a simple way you would make this safer? OR redo this somehow?

That way I would be able to sleep at night better!

Ideally you would have wanted the stop tap beneath the consumer units in case it had to be worked on. But see it a lot.

Yes and there's even more electrical equipment below these two units, mounted on the wall.

Is there anything that anyone would advise to make it better or safer, or am I being overly worried, and should just leave it as is?

Reply to Mains Pressure Tap above Consumer Units OK? UK Law *See Photo* in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock