Search the forum,

Discuss Mains pressure issues in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Lambed84

Gas Engineer
Hi all.
I've inherited a job that's the customer has spent a small fortune on and needs rectifying.
So the layout is as follows.
System boiler.
Unvented cylinder.
Mains static 1.5bar
Dynamic 0.5bar
Flow rate 8LPM
5 mixer showers, 4 of them ensuite.
1 bath.
Secondary return.
Issue is they can't have more than 1 outlet open at a time due to the poor flow rate/pressure.
have checked combi valve and incoming main at point of exterior and interior stop tap.
The water main is new from outside stop tap.
So, I'm left with either 1) the new main has a blockage. 2) pump the mains supply.
Previous engineer has attempted to solve via fitting a GWS 1000L vessel, which seems to do nothing. It appears he's missed the pump bit.
In finality, my question is what would you do to solve the above. Advise they start from scratch or fit a booster pump to the vessel that's already in situ?

TIA

Need a break tank and pump as you need to boost the pressure have a look at the dab easy sys

Have you had Water board out to check the supply and make sure there's no issues in the street?

My parents had an issue once, and turned out they hadn't turned the main stopcock on at the top of the street!

Reply to Mains pressure issues in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock