Search the forum,

Discuss Mains pipe sleeving in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
If putting in an instantaneous shower, the pipe has to go through an inside solid wall which is not exposed to any cold conditions!
Do I still have to sleeve it?
The pipe has been "Teed" off the mains from the tank feed and goes through a breezed block wall into the bathrooom..!
Don't thing I'll really have to worry about insulation..

:party:AGREE!!

It won't hurt to sleeve it

Internal walls I just tend to wrap some electric insulation tape around the bit in the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mains pipe sleeving in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Prompted by a surveyors energy efficiency report (and getting grants as this job belongs to a small charity) I've been asked to lag the pipes in this boiler cupboard. So questions: 1.Anybody got a photo of a good professional job please. 2. Where to stop the insulation under the boiler...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it should be but I'm fitting an upgraded external pipe setup to include insulation. The inner 22mm pipe mates with the 32mm pipe just inside the house. It...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock