Search the forum,

Discuss Mains high pressure in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Has anyone come across extremely mains high pressure in a domestic property ?..? I used 2 gauges one at 6 bar and other at 10 bar both were off scale when static. I was shocked at the readings. Have since fitted PRV. Just seeing if people have experienced the same.

Yes. Gauge read 11bar set off the over pressure relief in an electric shower in the middle of the night.
House in bottom of dip in a hilly area and large holiday complex nearby had just closed for season.
Like you I sorted it with a prv.

Yes locally to me there is a water tower which supplies all the housing and holiday let's in that area 6 bar is quite normal and can creep higher on low demand as above prv set to 3 bar sorted it . Kop

Yep normally in the sticks where the water board have to up the pressure to get to the end / up hills regular 9-10 bar

Thanks for the replies, I thought my gauge was faulty but not two. It’s normally the other way round with low pressure. It was filling a two gallon bucket in less than 30 seconds !!.

As far as I know there is a minimum supply pressure requirement but no maximum. It's up to the property owner to fit a suitable PRV.

If you notice an increase in supply pressure that is 'abnormal' for the properly it's worth reporting to the water company as it might be due to a fault in their equipment that they need to deal with.

Reply to Mains high pressure in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock