Search the forum,

Discuss Mains HE boiler help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I’m struggling to locate the stopcock in my flat and I need to isolate the boiler so I can swap a bath tap over. Can I isolate it from the water feed on one of the inlets on my boiler? I’ve attached a pic. It’s a Main Combi 24 HE.
All my cold taps can be isolated individually but my hot taps can’t be (typical) so any help is appreciated!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I’ve checked behind the panel and no joy. So if I turn that valve then no water coming at me while I swap the tap. Thanks for your help!

Wouldn’t turn the boiler one off as chances are it will leak afterwards and it won’t turn the cold off

under the kitchen sink ? Downstairs toilet ?

Reply to Mains HE boiler help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I’m hoping for some perceptive / input as I’m a long-distance landlord trying to unpick the best thing to do. Gas safety certificate was done on my rental flat (1st floor) which has a 10 year old Aviston E-combi EVO boiler. It failed based on rusting external flu components, which has...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor flat above it, and both share the same mains water pipe, and I believe the stopcock behind the washing machine isolates all water to both properties...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, Over the weekend, my wife insisted that I cleared out a junk cupboard in our utility room, in doing so I discovered a stopcock (that we have never used) had a load of crust around it. It looks to me that at some stage it probably leaked and sealed itself. I've never used it as it's...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Gas combi Boiler Mains fed in all taps and shower How do I balance the water pressure in all faucets in my flat. Every tap/water faucet is mains fed but the cold water is really strong in every tap that if I open the tap fully it flies out like a fountain but the hot water is not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock