Search the forum,

Discuss Main Medway replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

I need to replace a Main Medway Super water heater, as these are now obsolete can anyone give me a idea of a decent replacement, it serves 3 hot taps.

Many thanks

BigJake

Wow Main instant gas water heaters..All named after rivers ..Mersey, Medway and ? Trent
dead simple ..with a basic manifold and balanced flue .we must have fitted 100's x 5 being practical unless its case has rusted away then all the stuff inside its so basic you can re build it with one visit to a good merchant....if the diaphram is split no problem just get a decent thickness balloon and wack it in with a few holes in it. then it will push the gas valve opem
centralheatking

Ive fitted a main medway recently to replace a old model, The thing with the big square flue fitted exactly the same hole in the wall, was well chuffed, and a doddle to work on.
they also do a circular fan flued variant from memory.

Just googled and they don't seem to be that readily available now but found: Main Multipoint BF Gas Water Heater

Hi, thanks very much for the replies.
The heat exchanger is leaking inside, I phoned Baxi and they said the part is obsolete and that they no longer make Instantaneous water heaters either.

I'll have a look at that Vokera, thanks again.

MAIN BF are still for sale straight swop
Hi Pete, Where at? I'd have liked to make use of the large hole in the wall, but according to Baxi they no longer make instantaneous water heaters.
[automerge]1570255253[/automerge]
While I was investigating the Vokera AquaNova, one website had sold out but recommended a Ariston Next EVO X 16L, it was coming in a bit cheaper, any thoughts on that one?

Last edited:

Reply to Main Medway replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
As the header says, I have the Main Medway Super running my water heater for bath, shower and kitchen basin etc. I don't have central heating radiators as I prefer the WarmAir system I currently have. So, the Medway is now beyond economical repair and my fitter has advised a MultiPoint Combi to...
Replies
Views
Hi there I have attached a video below, showing where my kitchen tap is leaking from, is this possible to repair by replacing the hose pipe or would I need to replace the whole tap? I had a plumber take a look who said the whole tap needed replacing. If it is just the hose supply do I...
Replies
Views
Hello I need to replace my Grohe Geotherm shower cubicle mounted control unit. Its around 17 years old but replacements seem to be available The main hot / cold water control unit is in the loft, I think its working ok How do I get the replacement cubicle control to connect to the loft unit...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a kitchen tap and have run into some trouble when connecting the flexi hot and cold pipes to the hot and cold mains pipes. The connection end of the flexi pipe from the tap is a15mm, however the mains pipe I need to connect to is a 12mm. What connector do I need to buy? So far...
Replies
Views
Adam tl
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock