Search the forum,

Discuss Main drain stoped up in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

So I have a main drain that is plugged up in my apartment complex I rented a snake got it unplugged then flushed toilet paper down the toilet then it plugged right back up (I have the man hole cover off out on sidewalk ) anyway so I snake again I can feel the end of snake hitting something about 5 feet from the clean out plug just under concrete floor now that with the big head on end of snake if I put small arrow shaped tool on it will go through what ever is blocking drain and as of now I got it unplugged I can flush toilet paper down and watch it come to the street as I have man hole cover off so I still have something in the drain I can fell the big bit on the snake hit it also I got a part of a mop head out of drain also a toy basket ball net the kink you hang on the door in your kids room someone flush food down the toilet . so the ? Is what could I do to get whatever is hung up in drain out also I went out to the street and snaked back towards building . I thought about dropping a 5/16 chain with hook on it and book to my truck an pull it out or come along it out Amy suggestion would be appreciated sorry for long post and bad grammar thanks again

Last edited:
Most of the people who answer questions here are in the UK and so won't be familiar with the Ohio plumbing code. With that caveat, please go ahead and ask here.

Reply to Main drain stoped up in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
So my toilet got blocked and none of the usual methods were working. I had a drain snake lying around in a kitchen drawer so thought I'd give it a go. I didn't bother to check online how to use it etc (obviously 🙄) I just shoved it down the u bend and wiggled it about a bit and all the Rubbish...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, seeking advice on my toilet. (Layman here, please be gentle with me.) When we flush the loo upstairs, it flushes fine (therefore assuming no suggestion of any actual blockage) but after the flush we get a rumbly gurgling from deep within the pipework somewhere and the water level in the...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a mystery, my bathroom has a sewage smell appears to get far worse 5pm-9pm. I have plugged my bathroom/sink with plugs and its 100% coming from the toilet. Tried Lugi worlds best plunger, that air gun blaster and 50 buckets of hot water down the toilet for 2-3 days and no joy, the...
Replies
Views
For about a year, my shower on a third floor is giving an on off gas smell sometimes after a shower and particularly in the morning not long after the sun rises enough to hit our roof. I usually run some water into my p-trap and the smell goes away after a few minutes. There is a tub right...
Replies
Views
V
Hi there, I recently hired a plumbing company because I was having water backup into my basement shower when the washing machine would drain water. I thought they were just going to come and snake out the shower but the tech said he needed to remove the toilet to snake the main line. After that...
Replies
Views
Veronica M
V
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock