Search the forum,

Discuss Main Circuit Drain Valve? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I just bought a Biasi 25c Combi boiler and I can't understand what the Main Circuit Drain Valve is for. It has a screw in plastic end so doesn't look like it's designed to attach a pipe to it to drain the CH system and even it did, it's higher off the ground than all the radiators so wouldn't drain the system, anyway? It's number 12 on the attached diagram. I'm sure I'm missing something completely obvious and I look forward to being made to look stupid!!
I'm not installing the boiler myself by the way, I'm just hanging it and bringing all the pipework close and I'll then ask a qualified plumber to do all the hard part. I just don't know if this needs to be fitted to a drain off pipe like the condensate valve and the pressure relief valve.
Thanks all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220111-011037_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20220111-011037_Samsung Notes.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 9
To drain the boiler also would let your gas safe engineer hang and site then boiler

The registered engineer will need to hang the boiler themselves. Strength and security of fixing is one of the things they need to certify. You shouldn't really break the seals on the carton the boiler was delivered in. If you have done so already there's a risk that a picky GSR may refuse to install it.

Reply to Main Circuit Drain Valve? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock