• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Main Circuit Drain Valve? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

jamesroberts74

I just bought a Biasi 25c Combi boiler and I can't understand what the Main Circuit Drain Valve is for. It has a screw in plastic end so doesn't look like it's designed to attach a pipe to it to drain the CH system and even it did, it's higher off the ground than all the radiators so wouldn't drain the system, anyway? It's number 12 on the attached diagram. I'm sure I'm missing something completely obvious and I look forward to being made to look stupid!!
I'm not installing the boiler myself by the way, I'm just hanging it and bringing all the pipework close and I'll then ask a qualified plumber to do all the hard part. I just don't know if this needs to be fitted to a drain off pipe like the condensate valve and the pressure relief valve.
Thanks all.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

Chuck

Esteemed
The registered engineer will need to hang the boiler themselves. Strength and security of fixing is one of the things they need to certify. You shouldn't really break the seals on the carton the boiler was delivered in. If you have done so already there's a risk that a picky GSR may refuse to install it.

jamesroberts74

boiler already hung! luckily plumber visited today and is happy with my work but thanks for the replies. He's answered my query so all good now.

Reply to Main Circuit Drain Valve? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net