Search the forum,

Discuss Main 30 Combi Eco Elite display temperature in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I have the above boiler and had a user question about the display temperature on the front of the boiler. I can't seem to find the answer in any manuals. I wanted to know what the temperature that is displayed relates to ie the boiler temperature or the water temperature.

Reason for asking: When the CH is set to 60 and CH is running, the display hovers between 62 - 64. When the DHW is set to 45 and is called for the display can rise upto 71 and the hot water fluctuates between hot and very hot. Is that normal? Or is the water temperature actually reaching 71?

Also might be worth mentioning that occasionally get an error E161, fan fault, mostly when using the hot water never seen it with the CH on however it doesnt stop the boiler firing up and goes away within seconds.

Look forward to a response. thanks.

I’m not sure on the fan fault, as I don’t work on many Baxi’s. The temperature relates to the water temperature at the boiler. So you won’t be getting 71 out of your taps. What you’ll be getting is a temperature rise above the incoming cold water temperature at a certain litres per minute for that boiler.

For example, say the incoming cold is 5 degrees, and your boiler is capable of heating 35 degrees at say 8 litres per minute, you’ll be getting around 40 degrees at the tap.

Don't know what the output of your boiler is but just assume its 30kw, (read the thread title John, it is a 30kw boiler). If you set the DHW temp to 60C then (assuming mains water at 7C, here, just now) then you will get a flowrate of 8.1LPM. If you now reduce the DHW temp to 45C then (at that same flow rate) the boiler will/should modulate to give a heat output of 21.5kw, and if you increase the flow rate to 11.3LPM should still maintain 45C, so no, not normal IMO for the DHW temp to fluctuate up and down as long as the flow rate is between 11.3LPM and say 2.5LPM, it should remain relatively constant, at 45C.

Last edited:
OK thanks. So as long as there is a decent flowrate the temperature on the display should remain around 45C? I am sure it used to do this but really cant remember what the display used to show.

And when you say flowrate, is that the flowrate out of the taps? If so i guess the temperature could be different for example the bathtub tap outputs far more water than the bathroom sink.
I did reduce the cold inlet at the boiler valve as there was too much water when using the bathtub tap. Was that wrong?

Don't think the display shows the DHW temp, you set the DHW temp to say 45C and as long as the HW tap flowrate is less than ~ 11LPM then the temperature of the water leaving the tap should be 45C, if you reduce the flowrate from the tap then the temperature should still remain the same at 45C, if you now open the bath tap fully and if the flowrate from the hot tap increases (which it more than likely will) then the hot water temperature will decrease, for example if the flowrate from the hot tap is 18LPM the the HW temperature will only be 31C.

Why don't you just reduce the flow from the hot bathroom tap itself if its too cold and let the boiler inlet valve fully open?. You will get the same result but the full flow (and pressure) through the boiler should always be available so advise leaving this fully open and throttle elsewhere.

Reply to Main 30 Combi Eco Elite display temperature in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock