Search the forum,

Discuss Magnaclean professional 2 valves advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have just been given a magnaclean professional2 (secondhand) and before fitting it I watched the youtube video on servicing it that showed it should slip off the valve pipework by pulling the trigger back once the red wheel is screwed fully in. My trigger did nothing and the unit wouldn't pull off easily so I used a little force and it came free but left marks from the o rings on the brass valve tubes.
My question is now still not fitted I can push the canister onto the valve pipes unscrew the trigger and can still pull the canister off the valve pipes like it's not gripping, do the push fit valves in the canister need pressure behind them to grip? is it the o ring need replacing if they can be or something I'm missing.
Really don't want to cut the pipework only to find this unit is faulty.

The canister should grip onto the valve pipes.
If it doesn't than there is something wrong and I wouldn't trust it to seal the system under pressure

I would 'hazard' a guess the grab rings have failed.
The o-rings may have perished if having been dry for some time, but they don't hold the canister onto the pipe sleeve

Reply to Magnaclean professional 2 valves advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock