Search the forum,

Discuss magna clean in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
does any one know if it is ok to fit in any configeration,what i mean is it has a long end feed elbow and a short end feed elbow i presume to aid flow,well in picture on instructions long elbow is the top one and short one on the bottom,i fitted the other way round as space was tight and this was the only way it would go in.i filled the system up and purged it,when i turned it on it went through its sequence and fired,but it went to 80 degrees and over heated and knocked off the pump was very warm,it did the same when i ran hot water tap,please help

Doesn't matter which elbow goes in top / bottom. What does matter is that the Magnaflow goes into the correct place in the pipework. Adey instructions set this out. They can be downloaded from internet if lost.

Are you sure that you've opened the Magnaclean valves fully after installation, because if not there is no circulation through the system, and the boiler will overheat very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to magna clean in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I noticed some minor pumping over from the vent (occasional burst of water, and the odd dribble). Didn’t think much of it as I was about to replace the...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing a rather complex situation and I need your expert advice. My neighbor and I share a boiler for hot water, and we have a single recirculation pump serving both of our homes. However, after the pump, the recirculation circuit splits into two separate branches, each...
Replies
Views
N
Hi, I have a gravity based hot water system, and recently had a new kitchen installed. We never had a noticeable hot water pressure issue before, but the flow from the new tap is down to a trickle. Pressure head is c.3m. Flow is 2L/min compared to 12L/min minute out of the hot water tap...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock