Search the forum,

Discuss Macerator toilet blocked! How do i remove waste/water? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

The toliet pipes attched to the Macerator started to leak water yesterday when flushed. The macerator made a longer than noirmal whirring noise too. None of the waters been flushed and waste has come into the bowl with water, right to the top.

I've ordered a water pump vacuum from amazon today. Has anybody had similar issues and does anyone know if the water and waste can be vacuumed out with these pumps?

The quotes for this process from companies were too expensive for me.

I'm thinking of ordering a new macerator after letting the toilet dry.

i've never done this before,so, i'm a bit nervous. I'm guessing i don't have to turn anything off etc when sucking the water out with the vacueme?

Thanks for any help

Bale out the water in the pan then the water inside the macerator will fall to the height of the pan outlet spigot.

Which pipe is leaking, inlet or outlet. Can you post a picture?

Yes it can be vaccumed out as long as bleach hasnt been poured down the pan.

Don't need the wet vac (nice but not essential at all). I'd prob cancel that and save cash for the macerator if required.

As you are working on the macerator I would electrically isolate it first, and physically disconnect the electrics if you start taking it to bits. I've seen bad installations with electric cables on bathroom floors . . .

Just bale the loo out as low as you can, then put a shallow disposable container (e.g. cut up a square 5L plastic bottle) under the join, and after removing tank etc pull the pan off the macerator. You can then gently lean the loo to empty the residual.

I've little macerator experience, but I remember one on site that blocked after years of good service. It was possible I think to open that, which revealed it was full of grit. Go figure as they say. It just needed emptying. However yours you say is leaking.

Good luck, and please get help on the electrics if unsure. It will be satisfying to fix and minimise the cash spend in these difficult times.

Cheers,

Roy (Amateur plumber)

Bailing out the loo is not something I would even consider, buy the wet vac and stay smelling sweet, better yet is re-plumb without the macerator, but sometimes not possible, I would even consider putting the loo in a different room, but would do everything I could to get rid of the macerator.

Reply to Macerator toilet blocked! How do i remove waste/water? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock